Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A homemaker's journal -- The preamble


Hiya mommies!

Welcome to my homemaking blog. Come on in and make yourselves comfortable.

I'm a 29-year-old mother living in Singapore. The hubby is Hungarian, and I'm Indonesian myself. Our son Adam is 14 months old.

It's not easy to be a mother.

As the saying goes, a man works from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done. I don't quite agree with that saying -- since it seems to underrate men's role -- but anyway you've got the point.  You're not alone. There are millions of mommies out there in the same boat.

I'm just one of them -- in no way a homemaking expert. The upcoming posts won't give you any magic formula to survive motherhood either -- simply because there is no such a thing.

However, you can surely find my personal housekeeping tips I've collected from my own experience after being married for almost seven years; practical tips and ideas for homemaking, do-it-yourself projects, cooking, and maybe a little about parenting.

They helped me to survive, and I even got to enjoy the experience. I hope they can be of use to you too. If not, just take them with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment